ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Screensaver Maker Recommendations?

<< < (3/4) > >>

GeorgeH:
Mouser,

I highly recommend Picture and Sound.  Click on the following link to read my review:

http://georgeh123.blogspot.com/2004/11/screensaver-picture-and-sound-show.html

George

mouser:
Georige you rock  :Thmbsup:
i somehow forgot to add your page to my daily visits, and i see i have suffered from that mistake  :mad:

Mizraim:
He lives in Ireland where they don't have Oreo cookies...and he is obsessed with them. He kept bugging me every day to send him some Oreos till I made an entire theme for his desktop of Oreos, complete with this screensaver:
-app103 (October 04, 2006, 12:19 AM)
--- End quote ---

What software do you use to make your own themes?

app103:

What software do you use to make your own themes?
-Mizraim (October 06, 2006, 01:39 PM)
--- End quote ---

He was a WinME user...I was able to set the colors and export it on mine. Included the wallpaper, msn accessories, screensaver, icons, etc and just zipped it all up for him and let him worry about putting it all together.

It's not like making XP themes....9x is simple and doesn't really need any special software.

JavaJones:
I've used the free version of 2Flyer (older version is the only one that's free, I think) and it works pretty well. Decent range of options, uses images, can set music, transitions, etc. It doesn't do animation as far as I know, so it may not be able to do what you want.

I think first explaining the kind of screensaver you want to make - the requirements of the actual "show" - would be good so people can make better recommendations as there are really a ton of these kinds of apps. Are you going to include animation or just stills? Audio? Video? Why is multi-monitor support required, and do you want it to just duplicate onto the 2nd monitor, stretch, or just blank it out? What other features might be needed besides those mentioned?

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version