ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Playing FLV files

<< < (3/3)

lanceg:
VLC can play FLV files.  i have done this myself.

JavaJones:
Having tried both ALShow and KMPlayer, I found KM to be better in just about all respects save simplicity. I might recommend AL on that basis to someone who needed a simple, easy-to-use solution with embedded codecs - let's keep in mind VLC isn't exactly user-friendly. But other than that I'd recommend KM over it any day. I still haven't gotten back to that media player thread, lol...

- Oshyan

nudone:
i have to agree - kmplayer is the one that always 'saves the day' for me.

stephenz:
I had to download a FLV player, and it works fine.  BUT:

Can someone explain why it takes a dedicated FLV player to play downloaded Flash files?

Why can't they simply be played using a browser?

What's the difference between a downloaded FLV file and one that resides on a website, in other words, why does Flash open up when you go to the website, but if you paste the downloaded file in the URL window, it just does nothing?

Is there a way to invoke Flash without using the browser?

Thanks!
-kisakarina (October 03, 2006, 01:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

Because the FLV files on website is not only a FLV, it is embedded to a SWF file, the SWF file can play FLV, that's the difference between a desktop FLV and an online FLV. (How to make a flash video player for website)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version