Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 20, 2014, 10:48:17 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: W T F happened with the music in podcast #4?  (Read 11037 times)
Gothi[c]
DC Server Admin
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: August 17, 2006, 02:47:50 PM »

Whoever deceided it was a good idea to use techno as background music for the fourth DC podcast needs to be run over by several large trucks, then eaten by tigers and have their eyes removed with a spoon. tongue

What happened to the cute piano and organ music?

Other than that,... good job smiley

mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 02:56:22 PM »

i thought it worked really well in parts, but might have been a bit loud in other places maybe..
mukestar
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 02:57:03 PM »

ill try to put on some glen miller for some of you old people next time, i forgot how this new fangled electrickery music plays havock with the pace makers.

cheesy

There is actually a technical reason why its louder in some places, masking.  im from the school of if you can`t clean it, mask it.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2006, 03:01:25 PM by mukestar » Logged
Gothi[c]
DC Server Admin
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 02:58:31 PM »

harhar tease
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2006, 03:01:58 PM »

There is actually a technical reason why its louder in some places, masking.  im from the school of if you can`t clean it, mask it.

yep, that's what i figured as well.  cheesy
Gothi[c]
DC Server Admin
Charter Honorary Member

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2006, 03:08:44 PM »

Can you mask it with Ludwig van Beethoven's 9th symphony next time? cheesy
mukestar
Supporting Member

View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 03:14:13 PM »

who?
Dell[a]
Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2006, 03:47:16 PM »

Beetovens 9th is Goth's favorite
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2006, 05:47:20 PM »

The problem with techno is that it's distracting, which makes it harder to understand what you are listening to, which can already be a bit difficult for some of us because of all the unfamiliar accents.

It felt like I was trying to listen in on someone else's conversation at a loud party. I had to listen to parts of it more than twice.

It was very hard to focus and mentally filter that music out.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 05:54:58 PM »

leaving aside some of the quibbles people have had with the music..
perhaps we should show some appreciation for a podcast that was so much more professional and polished than the previous podcasts, and for the work mukestar and JavaJones put into this on their own time.  We wouldn't want them to think we are a bunch of ungratefulls.  I for one thought they took the podcast to a whole new level of quality.
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 01:08:06 AM »

i thought the podcast was a great improvement this time - it had that 'professional' kind of air to it with the way it flowed together. so, many thanks/congratulations to all involved.

zaine finally convinced me to try xyplorer and i found myself chuckling to it throughout - at the correct places.

i would have prefferred for some of the sound levels to be different. i couldn't really understand what i was saying myself - i sounded a bit quiet i thought. admittedly, perhaps it was better to try and drown me out - it does sound like i need to talk quicker before the listener falls asleep.

but other than the sound level i think it was a brilliant job.

oh, i did miss hearing something from mouser.
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2006, 02:22:17 AM »

i've just finished listening to podcast #4 and a big thumbs-up for everyone who was involved.. just like nudone said, zridling was so convincing that i had to visit XYplorer's website to find out myself...

btw, imho, audio levels can fine-tuned even more.. i'd like to suggest MP3Gain to JavaJones and Mukestar for this purpose.
other than that congrats to everyone. Thmbsup
maybe in the near future, i'll be able to muster enough courage to speak into the mike and contribute to a podcast... Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.038s | Server load: 0 ]