ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

What's Your Favorite Gadget? Here's mine with a Discount - A Seltzer Maker

<< < (3/8) > >>

app103:
low tech gadget:

ribbons

Why? You can do so much with them. And they are stronger than string.

My favorite use of ribbon? Bookmarks.

* Take a spandex book cover and stitch a bunch to the top center. Use the thinnest ribbon you can get. (embroidery ribbon is my favorite. see images below to understand what embroidery ribbon is)
* Use a lot of different colors and make them long enough that they will hang out the bottom of whatever book you plan on using the cover with.
* When you put the cover on the book, make sure the ribbons are on the inside and folded in half.
* Now when you need to bookmark a section, just pull one out and drape it across the page, letting it hang out the bottom of the book, and continue reading.
Since they are different colors, it makes it easier to find the section you want by locating the color you used to mark it that is hanging out the bottom of the book.

You would be surprised what a great study aid this can be for a visual person. Thinking about the info you need to remember, and remembering what color ribbon you marked it with can often times enable you to see the page in your mind.

Combine that with highlighters in different colors and doodles made with multi-color ink pens in the margins and you can almost read the info with your eyes closed later when you need to recall it. (I have never studied for a test in my life and rarely ever missed a question)

a more high tech gadget:

My microwave oven.

I have no idea how I ever got along without one and can't remember what life was like before I got one.

And I don't just use mine for reheating leftovers and frozen convenience foods...I cook in mine. (and no, things don't come out tasting rubbery or weird, because I know how to do it right)

With the exception of baked goods, almost everything can be done in a microwave and cleanup is much easier.

Some things are even better when done in a microwave, such as rice and steamed vegetables....the 2 staples of my diet.

And as a bonus, my microwave has a clock! and a general purpose timer! (and we all know how obsessed with clocks & timers I am)

allen:
My microwave oven.

I have no idea how I ever got along without one and can't remember what life was like before I got one.-app103 (October 04, 2006, 04:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

Amen!

Does it count as a gadget, though, or is it an appliance? Since I don't know where to draw the line, I'm going to have to say my favorite gadget is my French press.

Mark0:
How about this DVD Rewinder?

;D

Bye!

app103:
How about this DVD Rewinder?
-Mark0 (October 04, 2006, 06:51 AM)
--- End quote ---

hahahaha!!

Mizraim:
Wow, does the DVD rewinder come in red? ;D

Navigation