ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Startup Speed

<< < (2/3) > >>

matt_man22:
I created a small Delphi application that only serves to set a hotkey and move to focus for typing.  I set the hotkey to the same (for reaction time) and then tried typing a normal shortcut.

It always caught the first letter even with a quicker typing pace.  However, it also appeared right away.  Obviously this program did not have to hide in the system tray and was only set to a background window.  It also did not have to load any other controls or access the hard drive.  But my main thought is that the window show time is what causes the first letter to get cut off.  Not sure what can be done, but I thought this might help you out.

nitrix-ud:
Hi mouser,

i'm still having the same issue as matt_man22 with the new beta release

i reported that problem some time ago, i still have FARR installed, but i use launchy in my everyday work

Don't get me wrong, i do love FARR, but it would be so much better (for me), if there was not this startup problem

Keep up the good work ;)

PS: i'm missing 2 or 3 keys ... not just one

mouser:
can you guys double check that you are using v 1.11.01 or later.
i have another thing im going to try as well, i should have another update later this week.

nitrix-ud:
Hi mouser,

i've just downloaded 1.13.1
still missing 2 or 3 keys ...

nontroppo:
nitrix-ud - how many search folders - are any network drives? do you start showing history?

also, do you have file monitor from sysinternals[1] - if so how many operations is FARR performing on start?

----
[1] http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Filemon.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version