ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Startup Speed

(1/3) > >>

matt_man22:
I am using the latest v1.10.02.  Whenever I press the hotkey, like Ctrl+Space, and start typing to find something, there is a slight delay and it skips the first letter.  So if I was searching for "notepad," it would come out "otepad" and open something else.  I really would like it to be faster, so I can type right away.

It's only searching the start-menu and quicklaunch, nothing else.  I noticed previously you could keep it in memory.  Anything I can do to speed up the display?

I'm on a 1.8ghz Pentium core duo with 1 gig of ram.

mouser:
i have another idea how i might fix this.. i'll try to have an update this week.

matt_man22:
Thanks for the quick response.  It's a great piece of software and I'm still finding out all the little tweaks I can do.

mouser:
i've posted a new beta (v1.11.01) that should tackle some of these issues, please give it a try and let me know what you think.

matt_man22:
I really appreciate the update so quickly.  However, I'm still having the same issue.

While I realize this is separate from Explorer, hitting Windows Key + R and then typing will catch all letters, without delay.  I don't think it's a problem of not catching the first letter (this works well once the window is displayed), but rather still a loading delay of the window.  I'm noticing about a .5 delay until the window appears, while the Explorer run dialog displays instantaneously.  It might be a limitation of Windows.  I'll try some of my own tests with some basic hotkey programs in Delphi/VB.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version