ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Remember the Milk: A task-management website to help you remember ...

<< < (3/4) > >>

jgpaiva:
I think app raised a good point. Being able to message it one's tasks through msn would be even better :D

brotherS:
Now what would be perfect would be if you could add it to your contact list on msn/aim/yahoo/etc and just message it and it message you back your reminders at same screen name you used without the need to actually sign up.
-app103 (October 04, 2006, 09:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
Being able to add reminders by using AIM/ICQ/etc. sounds like a great idea! :up:

Doing that without signing up probably wouldn't be so good:
- you can't micro-manage your reminders online then (changing due dates/times, texts, labels, ...)
- the server would need to accept everything from any IM address, probably making RTM (more) vulnerable to attacks

brotherS:
How many other DC users use this great service? I still love it! :-*

MerleOne:
I'd like to add RtM has a very nice and efficient mobile interface (something like mobile.rememberthemilk.com).  I find this web site/service invaluable to keep track of small tasks and checklists.

I like the way you can "twist" it to better suit your need.  For instance, I name every added task as follows :
"061228-check donationcoder for answer to my post" for a task entered today.

Then I don't have to play with priorities/due dates to have task sorted out chronologically.

This is particularly useful when I order something from the WEB.  I add a new task on my "e-Commerce" list, which looks like : "061226-Amazon.com ; latest CD from Suzanne Vega".  When I receive the CD, I mark the task done.  I sometimes use the Note feature to keep a log of events regarding this order, such as "order is shipped on ...".

Deozaan:
Several months ago I tried out a site like this. I can't remember if it was RtM or not, but I never got the scheduled e-mail and my Spam box has been filling up rather fast since around then.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version