topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:11 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: No Wav selection  (Read 12774 times)

gphanson

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
No Wav selection
« on: October 01, 2006, 01:06 PM »
Trying Random Mix Tape Maker - I can get Mp3s and Apes but I can't get program to select Wavs. Is this a problem with program or something I'm probably doing wrong?

seedling

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: No Wav selection
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 09:44 AM »
I'll have to look at it closer a bit later this week.

however, it should work. the code for handling wavs is all there. and i do recall in some of my early tests that the wav stuff was working. make sure you don't have the particular wav files blocked by limitations. just make sure you tick the wav checkbox.

gphanson

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 11:02 AM »
Thanks for relpy - I probably should have noticed this before but my Wavs do not have a time or duration tag (not sure that is correct terminology) as do my apes and mp3s. I think the program needs some kind of time reference to work?

seedling

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2006, 12:12 AM »
sorry this is taking so long, but i will be posting a new version tonight which fixes the wav issue. (was a silly programming error :( )

but anyway, the durations of wav files (as with others) are not determined by tags but gathered from the audio component used to read these files. there will be no name or year tags of any sort embedded into a wav, so all you'll see is the filename, filesize, and a duration.

thanks for using (and hopefully enjoying) this software. :)