ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Why do unzip apps have to be so complicated?

<< < (6/9) > >>

skywalka:
Wow!  Sorry, I'm late.  Wish I saw this thread when it first came out. :-*

Thanx wr975.

In the script, is it possible to incorporate a Refresh of the Explorer window after extracting single file archives to counter the file invisibility problem?

Did everybody associate the script with each filetype, 1 by 1, or is there an easier way to do this? >:(

Sometimes the name of the archive file is more appropriate than the name of the folder/file that has been extracted (hereto referred to as the extractees). :D  Would it be possible to add the name of the archive (minus the extension) to the clipboard so that it can be appended to an extractee if desired?

Hope I'm not asking for too much. :-[

skywalka:
When I select 2 zip files & right click then select Open I get this error:

Data Execution Prevention
To help protect your computer, Windows has closed this program:  Windows Explorer

Is there any way to avoid this?

Josh:
Yes, add it to the exceptions list. There should be an option when this pops up.

skywalka:
There was no option (using XP?) but based on your suggestion I did some research & found the tab under System Properties.  Thanx.  I've disabled DEP for Windows Explorer.  I would have thought DEP would be smarter than this.  I doubt there is much difference between opening 1 or 2 files.

Josh:
You can disable DEP on a per application basis. I suggest leaving it enabled.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version