ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

New App - Floating Ruler - Feedback?

<< < (3/7) > >>

Renegade:
Ah... Ok... I think I know why that is... I think you have your ContolLight and Control set to the same color somehow. I used Windows theme control colors to accomodate themes. I'll go back and change the transparent color to mauve.

And I'll add in a maximize as well. That will require that I add in something to move the lines as well, but I should be able to get that done this weekend.

Cheers,

Ryan

Renegade:
It would be nice to have some sort of accelerater to extend the ruler lines rapidly (3200x1200 desktop).
-cranioscopical (September 28, 2006, 04:37 AM)
--- End quote ---

I hear, and obey...

You can now maximize it, but will still need to work manually for dual monitors.

Here's a screen shot:

I've also upgraded a lot of the stuff there.

The options icon is a place holder for now.

There is a set of axis controls now as well. and they make it MUCH easier to use now. You can still control things with the fine-grained control as before though.

You're also alerted to the absolute and relative positions of the crosshairs in the titlebar. Yadda yadda.

Hope it's useful for people. I'll release it later on when I have time. Right now, you can download it here:

Floating Ruler

Cheers,

Ryan

mouser:
that's pretty cool  :Thmbsup:

app103:
ooooh...I like this!
Like it very much!  :Thmbsup:

I paid for this proggie a long time ago and little by little replaced everything I use it for with other software that does it better. Your floating ruler replaces just one more part of it.

New App - Floating Ruler - Feedback?
Screen Loupe 2000

Renegade:
app103,

Thank-you again!

There are some things in there that I was planning to add into it but was just lazy: A real absolute pixel ruler where the other sliders are now (additionally), a pin, a magnifier, saving settings to load on the next run, and some options to control behaviour. No plans for any screen capture as Screen Captor is already very good and I don't see what purpose that serves for a ruler.

I did find something wierd in .NET v1.1 though while making it. With a transparent form, if you maximize it, then restore it, you end up with a "screen shot" starting from 0,0 in the restored region, which stays there. I couldn't figure out how to work around that so I ended up using a form border. A bit lame, but it works.

However, I need to get back to 2 other projects at the moment. Maybe my ADHD will kick in though and I'll get distracted though.  ;)

Cheers,

Ryan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version