Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site December 22, 2014, 05:29:40 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Any volunteers for Next Review (7/25 - 8/1) ?  (Read 9740 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: July 13, 2005, 03:13:33 PM »

the most requested categories so far in the poll are:

hierarchical notes programs - this is going to be a very difficult review, only those with the time to do this properly should volunteer.
file explorer replacement - same thing, very difficult review and likely to be very controversial
archive management tools - much easier i think, not too many big names (winrar,winzip) and some good freeware ones (7zip)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2005, 03:15:16 PM by mouser » Logged
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 07:33:25 PM »

I've tried to convince scott to do open/save dialog enhancers for this monday+next.

scott, what do you say?  doesn't have to be a huge review, and i think you know the area as well as anyone..

by the way.. did i mention that reviewer will receive a free copy of Camtasia3 or BB Flashback Pro?

And i'm available as always to help to whatever extent is nesc.
yacht_boy
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 09:37:10 PM »

Not volunteering due to time issues, but I'd like to suggest Tugzip get included in the compression tools review.  Looking forward to it!
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 10:22:02 PM »

tugzip is definitely in for the review - it pleasently surprised quite a few of us!
JEdwardP
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 06:35:07 PM »

I don't have the guts to volunteer here, although I've done software reviews on my private website for years. I'd like to suggest though, that when doing file managers, you please include my favorite: FreeCommander.

Jim

Did you know me when I was human, or had I already mutated into this?
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2006, 07:59:34 PM »

I could review linux software, at least the one I use...
Ampa
Charter Member

I am cute ;)

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 08:09:58 AM »

I am considering extending my freeware PDF viewers review to cover features as well as render quality... IF there is the demand for it.

So far the thread has not garnered that much attention! But it is early days I guess!

Ampa

[edited to fix url link - mouser]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 08:11:08 AM by mouser » Logged
Darwin
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 08:36:33 AM »

Ampa - the link to your freeware PDF viewers review isn't working as posted above. I don't *think* I was even aware of the review and would be interested in taking a look!

"Some people have a way with words, other people,... oh... have not way" - Steve Martin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.029s | Server load: 0.12 ]