ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What IRC client do you use?

<< < (3/4) > >>

housetier:
mitzevo, and f0dder: there are some known "issues" with gtk on windows. I do not know of a solution unless you are willing to juggle with several versions of gtk until you find one that works.

One should take the source and make a native win32 port of xchat...

f0dder:
mitzevo[/url], and [iurl=#msg38224]f0dder[/url]: there are some known "issues" with gtk on windows. I do not know of a solution unless you are willing to juggle with several versions of gtk until you find one that works.
-housetier (September 28, 2006, 08:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
I'm not, I just want something that works :). Laggy window resize is very typical of anything on X11 (XF86 and XOrg anyway), but XChat is particularly bad, at least on windows.

One should take the source and make a native win32 port of xchat...
-housetier (September 28, 2006, 08:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
I wonder how easy that'd be...

housetier:
I don't follow the jump from X11/Xorg to win32 and back.

Making a native port would be a nightmare, otherwise someone would already have done it.

f0dder:
I don't follow the jump from X11/Xorg to win32 and back.
-housetier (September 28, 2006, 09:14 AM)
--- End quote ---
That probably was a bit confusing :)

I just meant that everytime I've tried X under linux, with or without accelerated drivers, etc, window resize has always been very laggy. One little game had 100% CPU usage when resizing (and not just "artificial usage", it really bogged the system down), other applications have "controls that lag into place".

XChat brings that lag to win32...

lanux128:
miranda is not a irc client, per se but its irc module is quite good and responsive. :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version