ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

Object inheritance..

(1/1)

lanux128:
i noticed this behaviour but couldn't find a way to turn it off. whenever i paste clipboard contents as a new image, this new image will have objects from the previous file in the list..

maybe a screenshot will explain better.

btw, the object was used earlier for this image.

eddsouza:
Hmm... in this case, it seems to be a bug...?
What I would like to plead with SC's authors to do is implement object copying from an existing objects file into a new image's objects file. For example, if I have a screen capture A.png, which I've annotated with callouts etc., which are formatted just the way I like them; when I capture B.png, I would like to be able to tell SC to pull the objects (all of them, perhaps) from A.png.objects and stick them in B.png.objects, then reload the view of B.png. Any objects whose coordinates/dimensions exceed the new image's size could be "fixed" to fall within the new image's boundaries. Of course, I would expect to have to move the callouts etc. around to the proper places, maybe delete the ones I don't need, edit text in the textboxes so the captions are correct for the new image, and so on. I just think it would save a lot of time for users, instead of drawing all those objects on the new image, and changing the attributes to what they need to make the appearance consistent with all the other image capture markup.

Hope I'm clear...

Thanks and regards,
Ed.
(edgar.b.dsouza _at^ gmail,com. )

mouser:
this is actually not very hard to do - i could add it.
i'll put it on my todo list.

how about a command like
"Import Objects from another image file"

so basically you create your new screenshot, and then ask it to import the objects from another image into the current image.  ok?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version