ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

McAfee for free

<< < (2/4) > >>

f0dder:
I just don't want to have a virus infection or a sluggish machine... I feel safer without any AV than with McAfee. False sense of security and all that.

AdIyhc:
You can use the "free" license to migrate to Dr.Web at 50% discount. :D

That is if you like Dr.Web. ;)

I think the offer ends at 30 Sep but from what the forums at Wilders said, these kind of offers is very common. :p

JavaJones:
Mouser, when was the last time you used Mcaffee? Piece of crap these days IMO. Every single time I've come across a machine that uses it of late it's sluggish and miserable to use, and often even has spyware or even viruses on it, despite the fact that most people are using the "suite" version these days. And forget about trying to update it or anything - it uses some weird web page based service for almost everything and that seems all too easy to screw up, maybe through IE security settings or upgrades or who knows what. It's really funky. Pretty much every other A/V app I've seen has the decency to have its own "real", custom UI, not relying on web-based weirdness. Never had any problems with those (although I must say the UI in NOD is not particularly intuitive or functional IMO). But Mcaffee, I've definitely had lots of problems across multiple people's machines.

- Oshyan

Tekzel:
The only AV app I hate more than Norton is McAfee, I would only use it if paid to do so.   I would use AVG Free before I even thought about using it.  I personally prefer Panda myself.

Oh ya, and to support Java, (you know i work in a shop right)?  I get people all the time that have that piece of garbage but cant update it due to the wierd web based subscription they have.  The most un user friendly piece of trash ever foisted on the public.  It is so bad they have to give it away, Comcast has been hawking it as a "perk" that they can download it for free, but I see it more as customer abuse than anything.

JavaJones:
Hear-hear Tekzel! Good to hear some confirmation of the stuff I've seen. I do private computer support, but I see the same sorts of customers and problems you probably do at a shop. McAfee is god-awful. Recant mouser, recant! ;)

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version