ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

foobar...honestly...WTF?! WTF?!

<< < (11/15) > >>

urlwolf:
ok i upload it here.
i just tried it with foobar ver 0.94 in virtual pc, it worked.
(i am still using foobar 0.8.3,  :D)

-kimmchii (September 28, 2006, 03:32 AM)
--- End quote ---
kimmchii, the file is gone due to inactivity. Can you upload it again somewhere at DC? Looks like this is the perfect way to test foobar (with someone else's help!).

cthorpe:
Here's my setup.  It's nothing spectacular, but it is very fast and responsive on my PC (see specs in my sig).

foobar...honestly...WTF?!  WTF?!

urlwolf:
I'm trying foobar.

Up to now, this is the app that uses the least CPU (even less than xmplay in my system, both with ozone).
However, loading my 32000 tracks library makes it use 100mb of memory (!).
Is that what you find? Is this normal?

I have used this config:
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=184284

Lashiec:
Hey, good guide for the ones trying to enter foobar world!

Yes, I think is normal. It was mentioned a few times on the Hydrogenaudio forums, and some tips for minimizing the usage were given. Unfortunately, I don't have a link around, but I think you can found the thread using the search function and some imagination.

I usually use both, foobar for playing complete albums (ripped from my CDs) and XMPlay for loose songs and VGM (Video Game Music)

Curt:
100 pages in that thread? Good god. -JavaJones (September 27, 2006, 07:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

100 pages? No no; that was the old threat, on 0.8. Here is the "new" threat, on 0.9>, started march 2006. So far this is 215 pages...  :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version