Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site September 03, 2014, 02:07:46 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2010! Download 24 custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Cool Poster of How the Domain Name System Works (and other posters)  (Read 3519 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 23, 2006, 04:01:06 PM »

this is just one of those cool nerdy posters for those of you who like this kind of thing, and for those of you like me who feel like DNS is completely perplexing.

from stumbleupon.com
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2006, 06:33:26 PM »

Quite amazing!

It's still all very complex but it looks prettier cheesy
A picture says more than a thousand words.

For some people this might be the key to understanding DNS, search engines, and such. though; because some learn visually, others are good at comprehending volumes of textual information. I think it's great to put effort into "presenting knowledge" in different ways (for different people).

It might very well help me understand and explain these things better to others.  thumbs up
AbteriX
Charter Honorary Member

Member #520

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2006, 07:12:26 PM »

Great find, thank you mouser  Thmbsup

Greetings, Stefan.
gjehle

lonesome linux warrior

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2006, 08:37:16 PM »

that's a pretty cool find mouser!
OldElmerFudd
Charter Member

Bite-sized trouble

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2006, 07:15:06 PM »

Excellent!
Just sent the PDF to a couple of IT Admin buddies!

Good work, Mouser.
 Thmbsup cheesy Thmbsup

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code is a violent psychopath and knows where you live.
JavaJones
Review 2.0 Designer
Charter Member

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2006, 12:58:06 AM »

Oh hey wow, I kept avoiding this thread cuz I figured it was posters for sale or something. And I thought, hey, I don't need more things to buy. But now downloadable high quality PDF's, that's something I can get behind! Sweeeet.  Kiss

- Oshyan

The New Adventures of Oshyan Greene - A life in pictures...
Terry
Charter Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2006, 03:18:53 PM »

It is very well done, but it seem to be more confusing for me than to understand it  tongue
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.033s | Server load: 0.01 ]