topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday April 19, 2024, 8:28 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: kmplayer, whoa!!!  (Read 22054 times)

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: kmplayer, whoa!!!
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2007, 07:16 PM »
Mmmmm, cookies! :D

Interesting issue, maybe QuickTime Pro is less civilized than QuickTime Player? Mine is not running anything in the background, and the installation routine was quite more polite than that of QuickTime Player 6, which by default hijacked Windows (not like RealPlayer of course), stealing all media related file types, and adding autostart entries and such. QuickTime Player 7 was exactly the opposite, asking about everything and registering a sensible subset of media types.

Besides, how I were going to see the new iPods speech by the very same Steve Jobs without QuickTime? ;D :o  *hides in another planet*

EDIT: Oh, man, today is not really my day. You were talking about iTunes :-[. Now there you have an uncivilized app...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 07:20 PM by Lashiec »

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2007, 09:33 PM »
...QuickTime Player 7 was exactly the opposite, asking about everything and registering a sensible subset of media types.

maybe Apple had actually smelled the coffee and toned down a bit..

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2007, 11:00 PM »
Just an update: GOMPlayer CANNOT play QT or RP files natively... After reboot I was no longer able to play either and for now have reverted to the "Alternative" versions. Might try the KLite pack later...