ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

kmplayer, whoa!!!

<< < (4/6) > >>

lanux128:
the Quicktime Alternative project has been abandoned due to Apple's insistence and since then has been replaced by QT Lite. btw, if i'm not mistaken, all three are re-packaged by the same team, more info here..

Ralf Maximus:
Yep, K-Lite plays QT and Real media, no problem.  I don't know if it incorporates any of the Real Alternative stuff or has its own codecs.  It just works.

Darwin:
Hmm... (Darwin strokes chin reflectively - trying to look intelligent but really scrambling for something to say). All I have to say is F*&%$#! Apple... I'll have to take a look at QT Lite but might be better served by K-Lite. I'll have to take a look! Thanks guys  :Thmbsup:

Nighted:
Darwin, K-Lite doesn't include the QuickTime components anymore. But they are available as a separate download. I'm using QT Lite now and it's better than having the official QuickTime garbage bunging up the innards of your machine.

Ralf Maximus:
I installed K-Lite Standard and got QT support.  I'm certain of it because the reason I downloaded was to fix broken QT streaming.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version