ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

kmplayer, whoa!!!

<< < (3/6) > >>

Ralf Maximus:
Old news for some folks, but worth repeating if you're having codec difficulties:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

K-Lite is free, installs a fresh copy of MPC, and plays *everything* I've thrown at it, including QuickTime and Real media.  Once I found K-Lite I uninstalled Apple's QuickTime (who needs iTune support anyway?) and waved fond farewell to RealPlayer, middle finger firmly erect.

Nighted:
Old news for some folks, but worth repeating if you're having codec difficulties:

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/K_Lite_Codec_Pack.htm

K-Lite is free, installs a fresh copy of MPC, and plays *everything* I've thrown at it, including QuickTime and Real media.  Once I found K-Lite I uninstalled Apple's QuickTime (who needs iTune support anyway?) and waved fond farewell to RealPlayer, middle finger firmly erect.
-Ralf Maximus (October 07, 2007, 01:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

heheh

f0dder:
The CoreAVC codec is indeed a lot faster+smoother than anything else I've seen. I heard they do some tricks that degrade image quality a bit, but it's nothing I've been able to notice on normal playback (but feel free to do framegrabs of coreavc and whatever free H.264 codecs, it might show :)).

Black Mamba:
CoreAVC does have some issues with many versions of x264 codec (macroblocking) and the image quality can be improved.

But still, it's easiest way we can enjoy HD playback without a powerful computer.  :)

Darwin:
Once I found K-Lite I uninstalled Apple's QuickTime (who needs iTune support anyway?) and waved fond farewell to RealPlayer, middle finger firmly erect.
-Ralf Maximus (October 07, 2007, 01:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmm... this is interesting. I solved my QuickTime/RealPlayer problem with Quicktime Alternative and RealPlayer Alternative respectively. You're saying that K-Lite will replace both of them? That scenario is pretty attractive, given that the "Alternative" route still installs Apple and Real components. Does K-Lite do the same?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version