ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best jukebox that is NOT iTunes?

<< < (6/8) > >>

ak7:
i've been using itunes for quite a while now - it can be hard to make a switch. are there any players that import itunes settings? for example i have equalizer / volume presets for a lot of my library - will anything import these settings? also i use last.fm - i guess media monkey has a scrobbler plugin? i see musikcube has one.

Carol Haynes:
I bought a Creative ZEN and installed Creative MediaSource Player on my laptop.  Immediately I experienced the worst crash I've ever experienced.  Thank goodness for XP's rollback feature.

Since the crash, I've been at a loss about how to proceed with the ZEN.  Any ideas?

BTW, I've reviewed relevant threads here and have downloaded mp3tagr and XMplay, which I'll install momentarily.  So much for my other projects today...
-TomColvin (July 15, 2007, 05:50 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know it isn't helpful but I have never had a problem with the Creative Zen software package - it even auto updates from their website like Windows Update (except that you have to visit).

If you don't want to use the Creative software you don't have to - Zen Players (with Play for sure firmware installed) work fine in Windows Media Player 10 and 11. If you connect the player and open WMP you should find it under the Sync tab. If you don't check the firmware installed in the player and see if there is an updated version available at Creative's website.

Grorgy:
I was thinking that like Carol, I'd never had trouble, but I have, but I went and got the latest drivers for the sound card and creative media player 5 and all was well again, could be worth a try

Darwin:
Yes - I've had nothing but good experiences with the Creative Suite. I really like version 5, though I no longer use it (I'm onto MusicIP Mixer).

moerl:
Funny, how the OP (me!) ended up taking the iTunes train. Not so much by choice but rather by necessity. iPhone doesn't like anything but iTunes :/

I don't mind it so much. It just feels and performs like a bulky piece of software, and something that plays my music should not feel bulky. It should be fast, light, pretty and useful.

iTunes covers the latter two adjectives and fails miserably in regards to the former two. I have no major complaints so far, however. It runs quite fine on my new box under Vista.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version