ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best jukebox that is NOT iTunes?

<< < (7/8) > >>

Laughing Man:
Foobar2000 with a customized interface can pull off the iTunes look (though it requires setup work).

Songbird works, though to me it doesn't feel that smooth as it reminds me to much of a web browser.

Amarok (for Linux but version 2.0 will also have Windows support) will pull it off nicely too. But I don't use KDE in Linux so whenever I used it in gnome it was always a bit slow since it had to load the KDE libraries (I doubt this will be a problem in the Windows version though).

Armando:
iPhone doesn't like anything but iTunes :/
-moerl (August 02, 2007, 12:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

of course...

djquan:
I have tried them all and EJukebox is the best jukebox software!
It does everything I need, plays all music and video files, lets me customize the interface how I want and lets me set criteria for random song playback when the playlist is empty.
Plus i discovered if you ask in the audiosoft.net forum they actually add your requests...most of the time to the next EJukebox version.
There is even the EJukebox 2Web feature that lets me use my mobile phone's web browser to remote control my collection.
The EJukebox homepage/download is located here: http://www.audiosoft.net

JavaJones:
4 years later and there are still no outstanding obvious iTunes replacements IMO. Which is to say, I hate iTunes with a fiery passion, but when I want to put something *else* on a novice user's system that's easy to use and accessible, light on resources, supports all major formats, has "media library" capability, podcast support, ripping and burning to high quality formats at full speed (no limitations like Winamp and MediaMonkey), streaming support, portable music player support, etc., I really don't find any options that I'm truly satisfied with. MusikCube hasn't been updated since v1 in 2006. MediaMonkey is decent enough, but has limitations. Winamp has the same issue, and isn't quite as intuitive for the layman as MediaMonkey I think. I haven't tried SongBird lately. If only Apple would make iTunes not suck on Windows...

Edit: Perhaps Amarok for Windows is the answer? Will have to test. Has anyone tried it?

- Oshyan

Perry Mowbray:
I've been using Jaangle for some time now and am pretty happy. It's just a player / organizer, so no burning or ripping... but it does the other things well and the dev is quite responsive and accommodating to requests.

Just noticed that Jaangle got top billing at Gizmo:

Best Free Music Player and Organizer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version