ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Best jukebox that is NOT iTunes?

(1/8) > >>

moerl:
I'm looking for the best music jukebox application for Windows. I'm currently using MediaMonkey but can't say that I'm all that impressed. iTunes' interface really is great, and I just like the way it lists artists in the top left, albums in the top middle and songs in the top right.. and then just gives you the list of everything in the biggest space on the bottom. It makes sense. It's also how the amazingly good music player musikCube's interface is organized. It makes sense because it allows for fast and effective browsing of your music library. MediaMonkey has no such view and what it offers simply is not that impressive to me. MediaMonkey has also thrown duplicate music files on my player here and there and offers no feature to rid your player OR library of duplicates. The reason I ask, clearly, for an alternative to iTunes is because I don't use an iPod. I use a Creative Zen Vision: M and am on the lookout for the best digital music manager out there.

I'm not familiar with MP3 Collector by Collectorz.com, haven't tried AlbumPlayer recently, haven't touched JetAudio in quite a while, don't much care for QMP at the moment because it's STILL in beta, and well.. that's about what I'm aware of. I'm sure there are a few more somewhere in the back of my mind that I can't recall. Be that as it may, I now turn to you to find out what you use to organize your MP3's and sync them with your NON-iPod player if you have one.

I need NO tagging features by the way.. I'm all covered by MusicBrainz' Picard tagger as well as MP3Tag for those manual tagging jobs. That doesn't mean I'm looking for solutions that LACK features related to tagging specifically.. not at all, if that's in there, hey, that's cool. It makes sense for tagging features to be included in software that's supposed to help you manage your music library. All I'm saying is that I don't need those features :)

Suggestions?

mrHappy:
Haven't tried it myself, so I have no idea of how good it is... or if it's actually any good at all.
It's like itunes, just made in XUL
Songbird

edit by jgpaiva: fixing link

Carol Haynes:
If you use a Creative Zen why not use Creative MediaSource player which comes on the Zen disc and also allows you to sync up with the Zen seamlessly.

The only reason I have iTunes on my system is because I have some protected iTunes store music and Audible audio books otherwise it would be off my system. It is a total resource hog (version 6) frequently bringing the system to a complete standstill - and from what I have read version 7 is even worse.

moerl:
Haven't tried it myself, so I have no idea of how good it is... or if it's actually any good at all.
It's like itunes, just made in XUL
Songbird
-dev/null (September 23, 2006, 03:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
That's one of those that was also in the back of my mind and that I failed to mention. I'm aware of Songbird. It looks great. Problem is: it does not support synching with portable music players yet. It's got just about everything else, but not that crucial feature.

Judging by this page, MediaSource player really is nothing special: http://www.creative.com/products/mp3/downloads/musicdownloads.asp
Creative on the whole is not exactly known for making good software, either :)

Eóin:
I use musikCube but not sure if it's powerful enough for what you want.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version