ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2006

frugal life, pc fasting: do not install any new applications in 30 days

<< < (2/2)

nudone:
urlwolf, that's great to hear you are going to start writing a short story - a month!

i think that is a fantastic idea. please, keep us informed of your progress. it will be encouraging to know what happens.

(i've just remembered that i gave up watching 'neighbours' the australian soap opera about 15 years ago as i finally realised the plots were/are cyclic. with the free time i started to read books - something i never did as the books i read at school put me off for life. anyway, i just mention it as it was one of the most important things i did in my life. if anyone is looking for an extra 30 free minutes a day, then i thoroughly recommend to stop watching soap operas - you'll soon wonder why you ever watched them at all.)

app103:
Of course, I continue to tinker and customize, I'm always on the search for new goodies. But I like mouser's suggestion of only installing new stuff on the 1st. I already have designated the 1st and 15th of the month to do my financial housekeeping, so designating the 2nd of the month as install night would be a good reward.
-brownstudy (September 22, 2006, 09:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't forget to schedule an uninstall night for all the goodies that you lost interest in about a month later.  ;D

Terry:
I am surprised that there are others having the same habit as me ;D. I like to try out new and interesting applications and now it filled up my hard disk  :P. So I stopped going to download sites and also unsubscribed from mailing list and newsletter. In the end...no time is saved! I spend more time playing game... :-[

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version