ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Motherboard Monitor, or Something Else?

(1/4) > >>

mouser:
I've been using Motherboard Monitor (http://mbm.livewiredev.com/) in my system tray to monitor cpu temperature.

Does anyone else have an alternative they thing is better?  I just want it in the tray, not taking up space on my screen.  My main concern is cpu temperature but i wouldn't mind options to display other stuff like hd temps.  Should be very light on cpu resources.

kimmchii:
SpeedFan is very popular.

Carol Haynes:
I second SpeedFan ... not you don't have to use it to automatically control fan speeds but you can if you want and it works great. It is particularly easy to set up now they have started building a database of configurations for motherboards.

mouser:
speedfann looks nice, going to give it a try. simpler is better.

jgpaiva:
If simplicity is the aim, then Mobmeter might be the best solution: No install, almost no config, just run and it sits in the tray.

Cons: it might only work for mobile computers and it doesn't display the temp on the tray, needs to be clicked to display a dialog with it. (the dialog can be small, on top, transparent, etc.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version