ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > ProcessTamer

Force kill after XX seconds

(1/1)

aignes:
I think I read it also in another thread, but the only thing I really miss in your excellent ProcessTamer tool is the explicit rule:

Force kill after XX seconds

XX could also be a static value (for example 30 seconds or something like that).

In one of the tools I use for batch processing when I'm not in front of my PC, the CPU often goes up to 100% for a few seconds what is OK, but sometimes it hangs in an endless loop. In that case it would be very helpful to kill it after 30 seconds or so...

mouser:
my next plan for process tamer is to allow some flexible rules, i will make sure to add one like this:
kill app X app if its cpu use is over Y for Z minutes.

(am i understanding this right, that its a specific process you want to specify for killing?)

aignes:
my next plan for process tamer is to allow some flexible rules, i will make sure to add one like this:
kill app X app if its cpu use is over Y for Z minutes.
--- End quote ---

wow, great :)

(am i understanding this right, that its a specific process you want to specify for killing?)
--- End quote ---

it's a single application.

In the current ProcessTamer version I can use the explicit rule "Force kill", but I would need a "Force kill after 30 seconds of >90% CPU usage" or something like that.

So your mentioned "kill app X if its cpu use is over Y for Z minutes" will exactly do what I need. Thanks :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version