ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My favorite software! What's yours?

<< < (33/55) > >>

Grorgy:
while i havent actually tried it there is the option to start a program after another, and to give a delay before starting it, soooo i dont know about smart but it will do as its told  :)

Grorgy:
Ok, i tested it on my laptop and i cant get the start after part of it to work, it keeps them in the list saying they are waiting for the condition to be met, of course i could easily be doing something wrong here, even tho it seems pretty straight forward  :huh:

Curt:
It is only "on paper" you can change the starting order without any delays. In practice they will still start in a bunch / all together at the same time, won't they. So I don't expect that to change anything, or even be smart, as you so elegant put it.

Chameleon will alter the starting order if you want it - with specified delays. The advantage is that 1) I can have Webshots start before EartWatcher which again will start before Desktop Icon Toy (with the delays carefully adjusted); all giving a fancy animation on the desktop during startup. And 2) I can defrag before auto-backup and 3) I can have the MASH figure Becky jump up and whistle for me, to tell that Outlook has performed the send/receive routine and my PC is ready to go.

But again; I can do all that with the free Startup Delayer too.
So other than because of any problems caused by mis-matching:
WHY choose Chameleon over the free Startup Delayer?  :tellme:

Grorgy:
I chose it because the free startup delayer DID NOT WORK for me, if it had i wouldnt have got another one.

Curt:
-Grorgy (June 30, 2007, 05:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Grorgy; I just noticed your local time zone from your profile: are you not home in Australia at the moment, or do you really get up that early - or maybe didn't get to bed last night?  :o

--

Sorry to hear the free Startup Delayer wouldn't work for you.
Are you driving XP or..?  :tellme:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version