ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My favorite software! What's yours?

<< < (32/55) > >>

Curt:
Chameleon may THE finest startup manager there is; the author has done a great job lately - but it is overkill to me. And YES; it will delay each program by so and so many seconds, if you tell it to.

Curt:
My problem with Chameleon is that I really don't understand why I would need it. What more should I ask for than for some programs' startup to be delayed? Even the free Startup Delayer will tell if there is any new program in Start and ask if that is okay (if I want it to). What more would I need?
 :tellme:

---

tomos @ I have half of my programs starting in one big crowd, and the other half spread widely over five minutes, because I need a lot more memory (yeah; me too, but I was talking about the PC) to have the bunch starting any faster. Some will want the starting procedure to be done as fast as posible; but I want it to be as steady as can be, so every program will display their icon in the systray. It is my experience that I can easily make the startup procedure be a lot quicker, but not as safe. For excample; Outlook is quite stable, but I have given it four plugins that are making the combination weak. Therefor it has become important to me that Outlook must have extraordinary good time to start - safety first. This is not science but experience. Well; see for yourself:

My favorite software! What's yours?

Lashiec:
Curt, you could shave some seconds of your start time if you give the heave-ho to the QuickTime and the Adobe services. Not that they are needed, unless you have a specific reason.

Curt:
Edit: original post deleted, because I was talking about Lashiec using a battleship to kill a mockingbird, but realized the gunner was me!

Sorry, Lashiec; I was far out.  :-[
Thanks for the advice! However I will keep the both of them for now.

Darwin:
I'm interested in Curt's question about Chameleon (and I apologize if it's actually been answered - I'm in Belgium and it's early am here and I've yet to have any coffee!): will Chameleon allow me to start programmes in a certain order without having to specifiy the delay that occurs between them (is it smart?)?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version