ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My favorite software! What's yours?

<< < (30/55) > >>

ak_:
I think this thread would be more interesting if everybody took some time to quickly describe the software and maybe post a link to the programs' homepages. It would help us discovering new stuff as we don't necessary know every piece of software listed here.

Ok so now i have to show to right example :D

Autohotkey - A great scripting language which let you do almost anything under Windows. I discovered it very recently and i already consider as the greatest program i've ever used.

Volumouse - Let you change Windows' volume by dragging the wheel and holding Ctrl or Alt, or placing the cursor over the taskbar. I find myself trying to use it on every computer now, as if it was an ordinary feature :)

Find and run robot - Someone does'nt know about this ? :) Launch apps with your keyboard, and more. I removed my Powerpro toolbar since i installed FARR.

Ditto - A simple clipboard history manager. Very useful, even when working on images.

Taskbar Shuffle - A few tweaks for the Windows taskbar, especially : closing programs by middle-clicking on their tabs in the taskbar. Great time saver.

Freecommander - I don't see a lot of people talking about it, so maybe it is considered as crap, but i find it quite useful and easy to use. But i'd love to be convinced that there is a better freeware file manager :)

DaddyClick - Hmmm okay, it's quite a joke cause DaddyClick is a AHK script i've done, but actually i really enjoy using it :-[ It lets you go to parent folder by double-clicking on whitesapce in open/save dialogs and explorer windows, then it highlights the folder you come from. Maybe still a little buggy...

Well, that's it for now :)

zridling:
Wow, you guys have good tastes. Curt, yea, I like GimpShop. Been using the Linux version on MEPIS this week. It and Xara's Linux version work like a charm.

cthorpe:
Some current favorites:

Firefox - Well, I switched back to FF from Opera.  I miss the feel of Opera, but I wanted to integrate a notetaking app into the browser.  That being said, I switched to Opera back when FF 2.0 was in beta.  The current release feels more polished.

MusicIP Mixer - How did I enjoy my mp3s before I found this?  We still have a 30% discount running for members.

Surfulater - Notetaking app that integrates with Firefox.  Watch for a 35% members discount in July!

Curt:
I think this thread would be more interesting if everybody took some time to quickly describe the software and maybe post a link to the programs' homepages. -ak_ (June 28, 2007, 05:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hear! Hear!   :up:

Volumouse - Let you change Windows' volume by dragging the wheel and holding Ctrl or Alt, or placing the cursor over the taskbar. I find myself trying to use it on every computer now, as if it was an ordinary feature :)-ak_ (June 28, 2007, 05:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hear! Hear!   :-*

DaddyClick - Hmmm okay, it's quite a joke cause DaddyClick is a AHK script i've done, but actually i really enjoy using it :-[ It lets you go to parent folder by double-clicking on whitesapce in open/save dialogs and explorer windows, then it highlights the folder you come from. Maybe still a little buggy...-ak_ (June 28, 2007, 05:56 AM)
--- End quote ---

Looking forward to hear more (when less buggy)!  :up:

yksyks:
Let me add some apps I consider indispensable, even addictive:

ZTreeWin http://www.ztree.com -- for us keyboard maniacs there's no faster way to manage files and folders, but I agree this one is not for everyone. This is the only shareware item, the rest is freeware:

FARR -- no need to explain, but consider stopping displaying all the desktop icons--and voila!--it's as if you have a new PC, thanks!

TapTap -- thanks again!

Ditto -- already mentioned

The following items were not listed here (I think) and as far as I know just a few people knows about them:

QT TabBar http://quizo.at.infoseek.co.jp/freeware/indexEn.html -- tabs in Windows Explorer and much more

QT Address Bar -- the same page as above -- adds breadcrumbs to WinExp

Startup Delayer http://www.r2.com.au/software.php?page=2&show=startdelay -- lets you specify the order and delay of apps running at startup--gives you unprecedented stability of the system, I was hunting for something like this for years

Hotkeyz http://www.skynergy.com/hotkeyz.html -- create hotkey for virtually anything, including text pasting and macros, again, invaluable for keyboard maniacs

Enjoy!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version