ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My favorite software! What's yours?

<< < (44/55) > >>

najja:
oh my! I just emailed the author of flashnote to suggest the global search feature and he/she promptly replied that he/she will add it in the next release.

Mempad's lack of unicode is a deal breaker for me though. And the author said it was an incredibly hard thing to implement it in mempad and couldn't promise it in future release.

BrokenNails:
Integrates nicely with FARR - just add your RoboForm directory to FARR and you can launch automatic logins directly - a massive timesaver at work where there are passwords for almost every system.  :Thmbsup:
-BrokenNails (July 02, 2007, 12:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

I added the place my passcards are stored, and when I type donationcoder in and click the rpn file it launches RF as if i wanted to EDIT the passcard. Is that they way you meant, or is it possible to have FARR launch the site and RF login with the passcard?
-PaladinMJ (February 16, 2008, 05:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

Sorry 'bout the late reply - no doubt you've figured it out already, but if not:

You just need to go to RoboForm Options | Login Browser and check the box for "Default Action for RFP file (Passcard) is Login".

rjbull:
Mempad's lack of unicode is a deal breaker for me though. And the author said it was an incredibly hard thing to implement it in mempad and couldn't promise it in future release.
-najja (April 10, 2008, 04:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Unicode doesn't bother me, but if you use other than European languages, I suppose you have little choice  :(

Did you look at the minipad2 mentioned in this DC thread?  I don't know it has Unicode, but it's made in China, so presume Unicode is necessary.  I can't access minipad2's Web site at present, though.

Curt:
Unicode doesn't bother me, but if you use other than European languages, I suppose you have little choice ... Did you look at the minipad2 ... I don't know if it has Unicode, but it's made in China, so presume Unicode is necessary. -rjbull (April 11, 2008, 04:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

It is my sad experience that Unicode is not Unicode... I have tried many programs written by non-English Europeen or Asian authors, but never the less many didn't FULLY support Unicode, even if characters from their own language were supported. Apps from German Horst Schaeffer supporting the special German character ß all right but not the special characters æøå from the neighbor language Danish, is just one example.

f0dder:
Sounds like those programs haven't been Unicode then, Curt. It's funny to see programs that are mostly Unicode, but fail on things like capitalizing non-ASCII characters (like æøå).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version