ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

My favorite software! What's yours?

<< < (11/55) > >>

Lashiec:
My favourite ones are:

- xplorer² (I always wonder how could I live without it so much time. Indispensable)
- Opera (THE Browser. A perfect example of a good software design. It really helps on the Internet)
- foobar2000 (Hard to learn, hard to master. But no other can match its features)
- XMPlay (Or how Winamp should be. An small program with big features)
- WinRAR (The perfect compression tool. I don't think anyone could do better than this)
- jv16 PowerTools (Not only registry cleaning, but a lot of other tools who do their work better than separate programs. It's also very compact for its features)
- EDXOR (The perfect Notepad replacement)
- Wallpaper Master (Invaluable. The only thing I care about it now is how to download more wallpapers)
- Total Uninstall (The first program I install after formatting the HDD. It saves my computer life so many times than I more than thankful)
- CCleaner (Custom cleaning. That's its power)
- PSPad (Much better than Free Pascal IDE ;D)

I think that covers all.

pfflyer:
My list

HTML Editor: HTML Kit
Text Editor: PSPAD or TextPad
Antivirus: ESET
Screenshot Capture: Screenshot Captor (not only easy, but lots of cool features, great for beginners)
WIndows Cleaner: CCleaner
Firewall: Sunbelt Kerio
Defrag: PerfectDisk (though they screwed up the user interface in version 8, version 7 was far more beginner friendly)
Web Analytics: Stuffed Tracker
Digital Photo Editor: Paint Shop Pro (the new learning center is great for beginners, plus the one button photo touchup)
FTP: Filezilla (doesnt burp on errors, it actually retries, novel idea)
Zip: 7-zip - havent found anything it can't unzip

Im sure there are a slew of others, but I'm writing this from memory.

ijunk:
I couldn't live without the following:
     Find and Run Robot
     Process Tamer
     RoboForm (auto-logon and form filler)
     PopFile (powerful FREE spam filtering, but not easy to setup)
     MozyBackup (FREE automatic online backup)
     FolderShare (FREE file syncing between PC's - across the net)
     Cathy (FREE media cataloging tool)
     Push The Freakin' Button (automates the pushing of buttons for given windows - last FREE version)

And just recently, because of the discount software listing here at DonationCoder, I found a new must have app called Surfulater.  It's hard to explain exactly what it is, so please just check it out. Thank you to DonationCoder for introducing me to this incredible software!  :Thmbsup:

nudone:
welcome, ijunk.

nice list.

surfulater already has a strong fanbase here on DC (including myself) but, i agree, anyone that hasn't seen it should check it out.

Djiezes:
Launchy  :Thmbsup:
Evernote  :Thmbsup:
Wallpaper Master

Xplorer 2  :Thmbsup:
PSPad (or Ultra-Edit)
The Bat! (together with Freepops)
Foobar
VideoLan Player  :Thmbsup:
ScreenshotCaptor (yay)
µtorrent

ShellOn(v2) (Shellchanger)
BBLean (Shell, Windowmanager)  :Thmbsup:
ShellExView

Armagetron Advanced (Tron Game)

Scrapbook (FF Extension)

--
These I love

Really  :tellme:, check out Launchy & Evernote. I was surprised nobody mentioned them here

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version