ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Alcohol 52% has gone freeware

(1/2) > >>

mwb1100:
Alcohol 52% - Virtual CD/DVD drive emulation software with the capability to create images of discs, including copy-protected discs (ie., games).

Free for non-commercial use.

http://www.free-downloads.net/programs/Alcohol_52__Free_Edition

This version does not include capability to burn discs (that's in the Alcohol 120% program).

Josh:
Is this a surprise being that there are many FREEWARE tools which offer more features and functionality? They couldnt have been getting many sales from this.

mwb1100:
Is this a surprise being that there are many FREEWARE tools which offer more features and functionality? They couldnt have been getting many sales from this.
-Josh (September 20, 2006, 04:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm not aware of any freeware utilities that create images of most games.  It has worked well enough for my uses that I was convinced to pay for it a while back, but then again maybe I missed something that would have cost me nothing back then - I dunno.

Josh:
This is true, but alcohol 52% is an EMULATION program only, not a ripping utility.

mwb1100:
Alcohol 52% will also create images of discs.  The only feature in 120% that's not in 52% is the ability to burn images to disc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version