ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > UrlSnooper

URLsnooper refuses to start!

(1/6) > >>

jwba:
I installed urlsnooper having downloaded the latest version from the site.
Installed ok and worked well the first time I ran it. However the next time I attempted to run urlsnooper ether from the desktop link or from the executable directlly it would not start.
I removed the app and reinstalled, ran firdt time  and the same suituation occurred.
I then thought that what I needed to  do was to register and get a key which is what I did.
Because you need urlsnooper up and running to copy and paste in the key, I removed the app and reinstalled.
So far so good , up and running and applied the key and tried the app -worked well then when i finished closed  urlsnooper.
Next time I tried to use the app it again refused to start and since I had previously removed and reinstalled I tried this again.
This time absolutely no go - error message to the effect that it could'nt locate -URLSnooper.ntv.lng - although the file is present in the installed folder.
I can only presume that this licensing arrangement has messed things up - sweet.
Anyway - how can I fix this and any ideas why urlsnooper refused to restart in the first place.

dell inspiron 9300 running xp sp2

mouser:
none of our programs do anything crazy like this when they are not licensed.
when you say it wouldn't start can you be more specific? you can also mail me at [email protected].

when you say it worked, do you mean it actually found urls on the internet?
it sounds like it could be a problem with the winpcap driver.

next time it happens try mailing me a copy of the Settings.ini file in the url snooper directory and maybe i can see something wrong, and try deleting the Settings.ini file and see if that lets the program start up, maybe there is some problem with the ini file.

kisakarina:
I'm a new user and have the same problem.  It started up the first time but could not auto detect an adapter.  So I shut it down to check everything.  When I started it back up, I got three error messages at startup, the first two the same "URLSnooper has caused an error in URLSnooper.exe" and the third is "URLSnooper has caused an error in Kernel32.DLL".   I've uninstalled it, dowloaded the latest version, even uninstalled WinPcap and let it reinstall it.  I still get the error messages.

I use Windows ME.  I'll email you the settings.ini file.

Kisakarina

kisakarina:
I tried the modification of the ini file Mouser recommended and it didn't work.  However, renaming the folder did work, although an adapter was never found.

I installed it on my daughter's XP computer and it worked fine.

kisakarina:
Ha, I forgot I wrote this and posted to another part of this forum.

I'd like to use UrlSnooper and to make a donation, too.  I just need to get it to work on my WinME machines. 

I downloaded the latest version today.  It still won't start the second time, with the error messages above.

I can rename the folder and get it to start up.  However, it won't autofind the adapters.  I uncheck autosearch and it acts like its working, but sniffs no URLS.  The only adapters it finds are PPP and unknown.

With unknown checked, it gives a fail to initialize error message. With PPP checked, it gives no such message, but doesn't report URLs like my daughters XP machine does.

Is this enough info for you to figure how how to fix it? Thanks!

kisakarina

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version