topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 5:17 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: The boy who lived before  (Read 3652 times)

dironman

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The boy who lived before
« on: September 20, 2006, 05:06 AM »
Interesting....

http://www.thesun.co...3-2006410683,00.html

“Cameron has never spoken about dying to me. But he told his pal not to worry about dying, because you just come back again.

“When I asked him how he ended up with me, he tells me he ‘fell through and went into my tummy.’

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: The boy who lived before
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2006, 05:53 AM »
problem with this is that it's generalising from a random exceptional circumstance.

how many children will tell similar stories that when investigated will amount to nothing of significance. this particular story is just one of those times that something appears to have something more than random connections going on, but they are still random - the reader/viewer/investigator/believer is simply applying significance to events that don't warrant it.

taking from the population of children on this planet that will have 'past-life' stories to tell, you would expect that some of them will match with real life histories - but this isn't because of reincarnation, it's just the small exceptions to the rule where, on the whole, there will be no parts of the story that match with history.

that's how i wish to interpret it anyway.

Eóin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 06:29 AM »
While I think the report, as it reads, is very convincing I don't necessarly believe it to be honest. I'd be a sceptic at the best of times and this whole story could have just been made up.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 07:14 AM by Eóin »

nudone

• Cody's Creator
  • Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 06:54 AM »
not sure what it's like outside the UK but there appears to be a trend with TV programs here where they they will show 'paranormal' topics as though they were perfectly normal and acceptable, i.e. without any kind of reference to a 'sceptics' viewpoint.

i'm sure that this is something that has only just started happening over the past few years. admittedly there are programs that still remain unbiased and will try to expound both sides of the 'debate', i'm just kind of alarmed that some program makers have given up with the idea of trying to present a rational argument for 'weird' events.

should i be concerned? people are ill informed enough as it is, maybe it doesn't really matter if they are even less informed - they can always look up these kind of subjects on the web, of course (god help them).

dironman

• Participant
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 12:51 PM »
After viewing the TV documentary, I thought that they gave a fair assessment of the story. However, the "Sun" article was all hype. I didn't realize that the "Sun" is not a REAL newspaper. ;D