topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 4:47 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Few Mouse and Keyboard freeware  (Read 10193 times)

sri

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Sridhar Katakam
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Few Mouse and Keyboard freeware
« on: September 19, 2006, 09:42 PM »
Volumouse: provides you a quick and easy way to control the sound volume on your system - simply by rolling the wheel of your wheel mouse.

It allows you to define a set of rules for determining when the wheel will be used for changing the sound volume. For example: You can configure Volumouse to use your mouse wheel for volume control when the Alt key is hold down, when the left mouse button is down, when the mouse cursor is over the taskbar, and so on...

Key2click: offers an alternative for windows users by replacing the mouse buttons with two keyboard keys. It differs from windows 'mouse keys' in emulating the mouse keys exactly.

Qliner hotkeys is a free and open source keyboard productivity environment. Just hold the Windows key for three seconds and up pops a on screen Keyboard with icons on the keys that are configured. Hotkeys is smart in the way it launches applications and opens documents. When a key combination is pressed hotkeys will first try to find an existing instance of the requested application or document and bring that to the front.

Are there any other mouse and keyboard related freeware that you know and are useful? Let us know  :Thmbsup:
<a href="https://sridharkatakam.com">My blog</a>

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Few Mouse and Keyboard freeware
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 10:25 PM »
cool, nice finds sri  :Thmbsup:

jgpaiva

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 02:52 AM »
Are there any other mouse and keyboard related freeware that you know and are useful? Let us know  :Thmbsup:
Well.... Autohotkey. Although you'd have to program the stuff, it's way more powerfull than any of the tools you mentioned ;)
Qliner hotkeys looks very good, though :D

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2006, 04:47 PM »
How about the older, yet still powerful, WinKeys?

http://www.winsite.c.../Info?16500000036565

dpierron

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • De l'influence du ciel bleu sur le moral des motocyclistes
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2006, 06:07 PM »
HoeKey is the best (IMHO)
--
http://www.google.com/profiles/dpierron --- Google profile
http://davidsoft.free.fr --- De l'influence du ciel bleu sur le moral des motocyclistes
http://www.goodreads...om/user/show/1941488 -- Goodreads
http://davidsoft.fre...re2opds/calibre2opds -- calibre2opds

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 04:25 PM »
Regarding my beloved Volumouse:

Volumouse v1.31 incompatibility with Windows Vista:

Starting from Windows Vista, Microsoft changed the way that applications control the sound volume. When an application running in Vista changes the sound volume, it doesn't affect the master volume of the entire system anymore. Instead, it only affects the volume for the running application.

Unfortunately, this new "feature" creates huge compatibility problems to all applications and utilities that changes the sound volume of the entire system. Volumouse is also affacted by this change - Instead of changing the volume of the entire system as expected, it only changes the sound volume of Volumouse itself (volumouse.exe). This means that under Vista, Volmouse utility is useless...

Microsoft also released a new set of programming interfaces for controling the master volume in Vista. However, merging the new programming interfaces into Volumouse is a big headache, and requires both development efforts and new equipment for running Vista.

Due to all these problems, a stable version of Volumouse that works with Vista won't be available until the 3rd quarter of 2007.

First beta version of Volumouse that works under Vista is now available from this page

For now, if you still want to work with Volumouse 1.31 under Vista, you can set the Compatibility mode to XP SP2: Right-lick on the volumouse program icon, choose "Properties", click the "Compatibility" tab, enable the compatibility mode, and then choose Windows XP SP2 from the combo-box.

http://www.nirsoft.n...utils/volumouse.html
« Last Edit: May 27, 2007, 04:30 PM by Curt »

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 01:52 PM »
Qliner Hotkeys really didnt like my german keyboard

or was it the other way round  :-\
Tom

nosh

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 02:01 PM »
Qliner Hotkeys is a really sexy looking app but that's where its wow-factor ends. It's weak and inept when compared to AutoHotkey and to add insult to injury, it consumes far more resources. I still have it installed though, it lets me create a nice graphical representation of my shortcuts, I save a jpg screencap of the Qliner keyboard and configure an (Auto)hotkey to load it whenever I need to be reminded of a shortcut. Using the best of both worlds. ;)

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2007, 02:56 PM »

Qliner hotkeys [...]
When a key combination is pressed hotkeys will first try to find an existing instance of the requested application or document and bring that to the front.

The launcher SlickRun has an addon called ShowOrRun that does the same thing.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2007, 06:01 PM »
I used QLiner Hotkeys (and their very poor ZIP) for a year, but today I am only missing the beautyful look of it. QLiner Hotkeys is by far the best looking of them all  :-*

- even if that is all it has to offer....

And No, it didn't like my Danish æøå keyboard either.