ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

A Utility to Tell Me What is Stealing Focus!!

<< < (4/4)

J-Mac:
Oops!  That says 2002!  I don't know why, but I saw "2007" when I first looked. Wishful thinking, I guess.

Darwin:
Install TweakUI for windows XP. There is an option which disables applications from stealing focus. This might solve your whole issue. I'm on vista just now so unfortunately I cannot make a screenshot.
-justice (May 28, 2007, 03:09 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just a caveat, though (with a caveat of its own: this *could* just be a conflict on my system), in that I find that this setting gets "undone" often. That is, I'll set it and it will work for a time and then programmes will start to steal focus again so I'll have to re-set it. Kind of a PIA. I haven't checked this, but I think that it's getting reset on every reboot.

FWIW, I'm runnning WinXP Pro Sp-2 fully patched and am using TweakUIXP...

Curt:
... I removed Windows Desktop Search as soon as I realized that it would not let me alter any of its behavior. MS must have built in a "strong man" feature to it. I couldn't find a way to even touch its priority. ..-J-Mac (May 28, 2007, 02:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Hmmm; this is a little confusing to me. Windows Desktop Search 3.0's priority should be easy to temper with, I would expect. Was it version 3.0?

Will you look into which service processes are still running and tell if SearchIndexer.exe (in /system32) is one of them, please?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version