ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Bad Design is Harder than Good Design

(1/2) > >>

Renegade:
I just can't get over how hard some software developers try to make life harder. Here are a couple videos that show really bad design that I know would have taken more effort to do than to make it easy for users. These are really standard type things that everybody in the world can do properly without making things difficult. In the second video, it shows that you need to restart the software after changing a tab! Complete insanity.

SPH-V9900 (1)

SPH-V9900 (2)

housetier:
:o :lol: :o :lol: :o :lol: :o :lol: :o :lol: :o :lol: :o :lol: :o :lol: :o :lol: :o :lol:

Dude, that is a great example! Absolutely. This stupidity so did my head in, I am at a loss of words.

It's a crying shame Samsung released this piece of shitwaresoftware. Even after seeing the screencasts I still do not believe it. I simply refuse to accept it! This can't be right.

edit: I just had to add it to stumbleupon

zridling:
Holeeee crap. Reminds me of Adobe Acrobat 8.0 — nothing to get excited about, but everything to give you a new headache.

Renegade:
It only gets worse.  >:(

If you noticed, in the first video where I pointed out how you need to double-click to expand/collapse in the main Anycall program... Well, in the second part where you see the music stuff - you SINGLE CLICK! Not only do they screw things up, but they can't even screw things up consistently. Simply beyond pathetic.

Oh - And did I mention that it took me like 6 hours to be able to upload the first MP3?  :huh:

Hardware manufacturers should not try to write software...

zridling:
Greatest. Screencast. Ever!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version