Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 30, 2014, 12:30:46 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2014! Download dozens of custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Feature request: Profiles  (Read 9714 times)
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: September 18, 2006, 11:01:54 PM »

hi seedling,

i would like to know if there is a possibility of saving one's choices of folders, genre types and other criterias as profiles. this way, i don't have to check-uncheck the choices all the time. i'd just choose a profile & click on "Create Playlist". what do you think?

seedling

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2006, 06:42:22 PM »

easy. smiley

check the sticky.

enjoy!
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2006, 08:45:09 PM »

thanks again, seedling Thmbsup

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2006, 01:23:52 AM »

hi seedling,

thanks for this cool feature. i was wondering if the selection choices can be extended to the black list/white list as well.

seedling

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 07:57:51 PM »

it already does. (or it should anyway)

all i really did was add an on demand 'save options' link into the function that does this on startup/shutdown.

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2006, 08:14:43 PM »

sorry, actually i meant to say that in my set-up, different profiles have different black&white list items. so whenever i change a profile, i'd like these black&white list items to change correspondingly. smiley

seedling

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 06:33:24 PM »

well, it does save all black and whitelist stuff along with all other settings.

if what you want is a save for only blacklist/whitelist but none of the other settings, then i'd have to split some functions up to make that possible.
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 08:56:44 PM »

it's not necessary to save blacklist/whitelist separately, maybe it's better to clear the current settings whenever a new profile is loaded. for example, in my case, let's say:
• profile A has items x, y & z in my list.
• profile B has items p, q & r.

so if load profile A then profile B, then i end up with items x, y, z, p, q & r in my black/white list.
this is what i hope to avoid.. Wink

maybe screenshot will explain better. below the program is showing a profile which has been loaded twice successively, thus there are two instances of same item (song)

seedling

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 09:32:25 PM »

oh, nice catch! smiley

yeah, i forgot to clear these lists on load. I'll get that done for you.
lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 09:05:55 PM »

tks seedling, problem is gone now! Thmbsup

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.032s | Server load: 0.08 ]