ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Cobian Backup development changing hands?

(1/1)

lanux128:
picked this up from TinyApps.org: Cobian Backup looking for new developer.

Cobian Backup is a decent backup app that only recently had a version upgrade. hmm, strangely, it's not listed on DC's BackUp review..

JavaJones:
I noticed this conspicuous absence too. It's unfortunate that, given he's looking for a new dev, it is probable this app will not see a lot of continuing updates, at least for a while. All the more unfortunate because - as you said - version 8 was released not too long ago. Perhaps on the bright side the new dev might be a bit more active eventually, and a bit less stodgy about the featureset. :D Putting in features to make backup easier for the average person would be nice! And direct CD/DVD burning would be extra nice.

- Oshyan

app103:
I seriously hope he finds someone committed to keeping it free. I would hate to see another free program being snatched up and turned into payware or deliberately killed.

lanux128:
yes, i too hope that development continues. in the meantime, i'll be keeping an eye on other possible alternatives.. SyncBackSE looks quite promising.

zajc:
My favorite backup software  :-* Development is in progress. There is new beta 9  :)

http://www.educ.umu.se/~cobian/cobianbackup.htm#Bnews

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version