ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Just HOW do you tie a *censor* tie?

(1/3) > >>

f0dder:
Okay.

So, the other day, following my girlfriend around town like a zombie while she was shopping for shoes, I got a free tie voucher, and just for fun I went to whatever shop and traded it for a free silk tie.

Today I tried tying the damn thing, just for fun. Oh my what a mistake that was.  :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:. It's been a while since I've been that close to smashing up things. I mean, it seems physically, mathematically and logically IMPOSSIBLE to do.

I've googled around, looked at arcane drawings, and even got a mind-numbing video link from srikat in the donationcoder IRC channel.

About the most sane explanation was one of my friends, who wrote "You take a möbius strip and fold the ends according to Heissenberg's equations, until you have an abstract plane, which you can then put around your neck".

Argh. Good thing I'm not a corporate slave yet.

nudone:
i admit it takes a while to get it right - once you are happy with the result don't untie it - just loosen it enough to slip over your head, then you won't have to do it every again.

AbteriX:
 ;D i had have an pic like this to aid me:
http://www.stump.info/images/nuetz/versch/krawatte.gif
but i never think about to search for a VIDEO!. Great idee  :Thmbsup:

AbteriX:
i admit it takes a while to get it right - once you are happy with the result don't untie it - just loosen it enough to slip over your head, then you won't have to do it every again.
-nudone (September 17, 2006, 11:29 AM)
--- End quote ---
From where did you get MY trick  :o

AbteriX:
I found it! I found it again.
Here is the pic i had used... see the images are  from the 'right' side:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version