ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us your (physical) desktop

<< < (13/41) > >>

f0dder:
 :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

mitzevo:
f0dder is having  :o overload ..   ;D That's one wicked looking set up you got there TOOWILD..  :Thmbsup: You guys are so lucky, with your damn 3 screen set ups :P

Armando:
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
-f0dder (August 31, 2007, 04:49 AM)
--- End quote ---
Yes!!! exactly.

TOOWILD:
Nudone, my understanding is that 16 core processors are already in R&D and 100 Core processors are in the planning stages. Mine has a total of 32 cores  So I'm guessing you will see the same power in a single box in less than 5 years, The design that it uses has been around for a long time, the multi-thousand CPU system used to crack DES encryption is the same basic design - and that machine would be somewhere around 1000 times faster and that was back in the mid 90's - The basic layout was developed by the IBM and the NSA back in the 70's. The Problem, I see is the people at the top of the food chains being ultra greedy to the point where DRM is being built into hardware  I see a battle coming and its a winner takes all battle. The freedom of information - or the total lock-down of information, you cant control the internet obviously, so the only way to control copyrights completely is to control all the hardware completely. Steps are already being taken in that direction. But every major Hollywood meeting I go to is the same thing - PLUG THAT HOLE! (The Analog hole) They know that if you can hear it or see it, you can record it and copy it and this is what they want to stop. Macrovision Inc (Who most people are not aware own the "Realtek" sound codecs that most sound onboard mobos use) has a feature that they may start to put in the audio tracks of films - Hiss - but its in a pattern - during a quiet part of the film you can hear it. But the idea is to make it so that camcorders and audio recorders and all other major devices that hear this hiss will refuse to record. So forget recording your kids birthday party if they are watching "Tomb Raider" within earshot. Apparently their rights are "more equal" than yours. The technology will grow fast, but unless we stop all this DRM stuff cold by refusing to buy products with it you may not want one of those machines when they do hit the shelves.
Peace out 8)

Lashiec:
Yeah, but in 5 years you'll be running a computer with 320 cores ;D

Macrovison owns Realtek? Or do Macrovision develop the software used by Realtek chips? *Hugs his Analog Devices chip*

(Hollywood meetings... I can hear the forum rumbling... Who will be this TOOWILD guy? :D)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version