ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us your (physical) desktop

<< < (6/41) > >>

f0dder:
Just make sure that you get a decent 17" TFT and a graphics card with two output (preferably both DVI).

Lashiec:
I planned to get a 19" one. At first I wanted a CRT, because I had bad experiences with my friends' TFTs, but they were generic screens, and early models as well, with lots of flickering and other bad things produced by their high response time. But nowadays, things have changed a bit. I saw a 19" ViewSonic screen and it looked quite good, so I'd probably go for that one (or maybe a LG). As for the graphics card, I plan to get a Radeon X800. It's not exactly using cutting edge technology, but for my games and the different emulators I use, it's more than enough.

kimmchii:
go for 3 if you can.  :P

Show us your (physical) desktop

the price of lcd has dropped, i am thinking of getting a 20" widescreen.

Perry Mowbray:
agreed, two monitors really does make a difference.
-mouser (September 21, 2006, 06:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've got to say that it's the best thing I've ever done was to let the fellow I buy my computers from to talk me into buying two monitors: they're Samsung 17" 173plus SyncMasters.

His argument was that you get much more real estate for the dollar with 2 17" monitors than one huge monitor: that works well for me (not so good for movies).

Next best thing would be three (or four: but that would be getting greedy  ;))

- Perry

app103:
the monitor of my dreams:

http://216.127.51.88/monitors/athens/features/index.htm

If I remember correctly, it's about $18,000  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version