Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 02, 2014, 01:36:46 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

The N.A.N.Y. Challenge 2011! Download 30+ custom programs!

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Show us your (physical) desktop  (Read 54582 times)
AndyM
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #175 on: March 03, 2011, 08:23:18 AM »

Turns out they still make it!

(Sorry for going off-topic, I'll stop.)

* Vitalis.jpg (9.05 KB, 300x300 - viewed 149 times.)
jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #176 on: March 03, 2011, 08:23:56 AM »

Not in 5-liter jugs, I hope Wink
[I'll stop too tongue ]

cranioscopical
Friend of the Site
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #177 on: March 03, 2011, 09:28:17 AM »

Vitalis, jgpaiva?

When I was a kid, Vitalis was a very popular men's hair tonic (my grandfather used it).
Ah Ah Ah... That's a jug of portuguese water Wink

A somewhat eccentric grandfather, AndyM? Portugal's a long way to go in order to fix one's hair…

Chris
app103
That scary taskbar girl
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #178 on: March 03, 2011, 01:43:14 PM »

jgpaiva, is that a mouse next to that tiny little keyboard...or an arch support?  Grin

jgpaiva
Global Moderator

Artificial Idiocy

« Reply #179 on: March 03, 2011, 01:59:33 PM »

jgpaiva, is that a mouse next to that tiny little keyboard...or an arch support?  Grin
cheesy That's a Magic Mouse. It's actually pretty good, I must admit. The keyboard however if just perfect Wink

wreckedcarzz
Charter Member

Happy wolfie ^_^

« Reply #180 on: June 13, 2011, 06:03:40 PM »

Cleaned out my room a bit after helping a close friend move out of his parents house (and realizing how much of a packrat he is, and then in turn realizing how much I am as well) so I took some crappy cellphone pictures of my current setup now. It hasn't changed much unless you look for things (which if you want to do, last years pics are here. Also, for the extra curious, 2009 images are available here.

Noticeable changes from last year:

Here are today's pictures

In updated pics (from left to right): 19" HP LCD monitor (for sale, actually), 4th gen iPod Nano hooked to my Jenson dock/radio/alarm clock, my gaming rig (now with liquid cooling! cheesy), the new monitor for said gaming rig (ASUS VH242H 23.6") with 5.1 setup, then on the ground is my personal "server" for file storage and tedious, low-priority tasks (set it and forget it), then my new iBook G4 sitting next to my ASUS 1005HA-P.

EDIT: The black Compaq laptop from '09 is not lost: it sits atop the server right now

Directly behind where I was taking these pictures are 3 more almost-working (no OS) computers, along with a 17" Dell CRT monitor (also trying to sell, ugh) and a somewhat frightening amount of cables that I have yet to put away properly (that is what the cabinet is for that the iBook/netbook are sitting on).
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 06:05:50 PM by wreckedcarzz » Logged

New website! With a fancy domain name and everything! *gasp*
http://www.wreckedcarzz.com/
josant
Participant

« Reply #181 on: March 22, 2012, 06:44:50 AM »

Not the most ergonomic space... Mostly I have been working from my client's offices or from cafés and so haven't had a work-space at home, this setup is new. It's a corner of my 6 year old daughters room (she has moved her bed into her borthers room) the screen is one I found in the basement (must be ten years old) and the Macbook is on a notebook stand.

nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #182 on: March 22, 2012, 09:03:12 AM »

Interesting looking back through this thread - as it goes back six years - I wonder how different our desktops are now compared to back then.

Here's my 2012 setup (there's a large Wacom Cintiq screen and machine/s somewhere else in the room under a load of crap). No doubt, this will seem quite inappropriate in another six years time; I suspect we'll all have giant fold out tablet displays running Micrsoft Metro XL.

tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #183 on: March 22, 2012, 10:02:00 AM »

Here's my 2012 setup (there's a large Wacom Cintiq screen and machine/s somewhere else in the room under a load of crap). No doubt, this will seem quite inappropriate in another six years time; I suspect we'll all have giant fold out tablet displays running Micrsoft Metro XL.
 (see attachment in previous post)

Looks very nice smiley
What's all the gradated colour lists on the left screen - if that's not a personal question!! - I mean what's making the lists embarassed

Tom
nudone
Cody's Creator
Columnist

« Reply #184 on: March 22, 2012, 10:39:57 AM »

I mean what's making the lists

I cheated. The colour blocks are just part of the background, i.e. the wallpaper image. The colours are the (x11) CSS3 colour names - something I just thought might be handy to use so I don't have to remember things like #DCDCDC when editing CSS; instead I'll just look at the colour names and type gainsboro (which is #DCDCDC).

Source here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_colors (did a screengrab and arranged things in Photoshop to create the wallpaper).
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #185 on: March 22, 2012, 11:06:16 AM »

^ hah, good idea thumbs up

Tom
Curt
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #186 on: December 25, 2012, 04:57:46 AM »

Show us your (physical) desktop

Sadly, this is not my desktop / table... but I wish it was:

(click to enlarge to 1198x770 pixels)

c.gingerich
Supporting Member

« Reply #187 on: December 25, 2012, 03:48:07 PM »

Here is mine. VERY messy though.

Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #188 on: December 25, 2012, 05:32:23 PM »

@c.gingerich, did you edit "my" photo and gave it extra light? The couch on your photo seems brighter than on my version.
----------
I envy you the huge monitor. I am still on 1024x768 :-(
----------
I have no understanding of what a boogie board is.
 tellme
Stephen66515
Animated Giffer in Chief
Honorary Member

« Reply #189 on: December 25, 2012, 05:49:32 PM »

I have no understanding of what a boogie board is.
 tellme

I always thought they where these:

No trees were harmed during the creation of this message.  Millions of electrons, however, were terribly inconvenienced

"Think left and think right and think low and think high. Oh, the things you can think up if only you try!" - Dr. Seuss
c.gingerich
Supporting Member

« Reply #190 on: December 25, 2012, 05:55:18 PM »

This is a Boogie Board LCD writing tablet.  I have the Boogie Board Rip and I love it.
http://www.improvelectronics.com

Curt
Supporting Member

« Reply #191 on: December 26, 2012, 08:38:29 AM »

This is a Boogie Board LCD writing tablet.  I have the Boogie Board Rip and I love it.
http://www.improvelectronics.com

-oh yes, now I recognize what they are. We had them when I was a child, some 40 years ago. Only, back then they weren't electronic.
CleverCat
Supporting Member

Cat's Are Fun!

« Reply #192 on: December 27, 2012, 04:40:30 AM »

Where would you put your legs with that table Curt?   Grin

If you need help - JUST ASK!
wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2014, 01:37:45 PM »

I finally got around to taking pictures after my last build...

http://imgur.com/a/6c7Lo

I'll also attach one of them here.

The two monitors on the left are the new pc. The one to the right of those is the old one... and the other one is my mac. Oh.. the floating one is my ipad.

I use multiplicity to control my old PC, though I have a bluetooth Logitech k811 attached to it, my mac, and my ipad.

mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #194 on: June 19, 2014, 05:51:50 PM »

Nice!  thumbs up
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #195 on: June 19, 2014, 06:59:45 PM »

Here are some photos of when I was trying out a 4K 39" TV as my monitor:

39" TV with my now-dwarfed 26" monitor peeking over the top.

39" TV with the 26" hiding behind.

As stated in the thread linked above, I felt that the 39" TV was just too huge to be conducive to working at my PC and I ended up returning it.

Edvard
Coding Snacks Author
Charter Honorary Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #196 on: June 20, 2014, 10:25:29 PM »

embarassed

Not shown: 2 huge KLH model 4132 speakers on either side of the chair. 

All children left unattended will be given a mocha and a puppy.
mouser
First Author
Administrator

« Reply #197 on: June 20, 2014, 10:53:07 PM »

You can always tell the old school "makers" from these photos -- a soldering iron is never far from view  Thmbsup
Pages: Prev 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.069s | Server load: 0.2 ]