ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us your (physical) desktop

<< < (28/41) > >>

jgpaiva:
I had already posted my desktop at my home, but I'm now on exams, thus I'm at my parents'.
So, here's how my desk at my parents' looks.
Show us your (physical) desktop

Notice that on the left there's more pink stuff and marker pens, because that's my sister's side at MY desk, she's been there for the past couple weeks, to study for her exams and easily ask for my help. My half goes up to the "distributed systems:concepts and design" book, which was the book I studied for yesterday's exam (which went pretty well :D) and I'll be packing somewhere soon ;)
Also interesting is that neither one of the laptops is the one I posted on the previous picture, since that one is now with Acer (and has been for the past 3 weeks) for the third time to replace the hdd with a new one (they keep sending it back with used disks, which I easily break in less than one week).

PS: You have a great taste for:) in computer mice, Carl! ;)

PS2: I thought you might like to see what's outside those 2 windows, so I posted a quick panorama view (courtesy of hugin!), attached to this post.

f0dder:
PS: You have a great taste for computer mice, Carl! ;)-jgpaiva (July 16, 2008, 05:42 AM)
--- End quote ---
Taste for or taste in? :P

Pretty huge pic there, jgpaiva - I had to download and rescale it to get a decent overview :)

mouser:
It's really fun to see all the desktops! Each one has a different personality.
I do think though that we are going to have to start a new thread entitled "How to clean up your work space in 10 easy steps"..

jgpaiva:
I do think though that we are going to have to start a new thread entitled "How to clean up your work space in 10 easy steps"..
-mouser (July 16, 2008, 05:58 AM)
--- End quote ---
;D But I think it's safer not to allow Carl and 40hz to post on that thread, or they might teach bad examples!

PS: updated my post above. f0dder: doh!  :-[

app103:
-mouser (July 16, 2008, 05:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I could tell you how in 2 steps:

1. purchase a rubbermaid storage bin
2. put all the crap in the bin

Now, if/when you can't find something, check the bin.

As time goes on, the stuff you need most and have used recently, will be near the top, and all the old useless stuff will sink to the bottom.

For fun, clean out the bin, to the bottom, every 10 years. It will be like opening up a time capsule.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version