ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Show us your (physical) desktop

<< < (25/41) > >>

cranioscopical:
ok i admit it, dust is invisible to me.. i live in a world which is covered with a thin layer of dust.  when i say clean i mean clean of all unwanted particles large than a grain of sand.-mouser (July 08, 2008, 11:59 PM)
--- End quote ---

Don't call it dust, think of it as patina  ;D

wreckedcarzz:
ps. once i get a 6400x1200 cody wallpaper ill have that on my desktop  :)
-mouser (July 07, 2008, 11:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

All four of those monitors on one computer? What are you doing? Dual SLI video cards? I didn't think you liked games that much!
-Deozaan (July 08, 2008, 02:35 PM)
--- End quote ---

Or is it one of those splitter dealies? I can't see mouser as a gamer needing 2 cards running SLI. But you never know (he isn't that great at fragging people in Sauerbraten, but I don't want to end up meeting him in COD4 and totally getting pwned & embarrassed by him either, so I'll keep quiet on the skills ;))

Also, updated image from me - this is where I live just about 18 hours a day (the other 6 are in the bed to the left, not pictured ;D)
(The computer has about 1/2cm clearance from the top of the case to the top of the desk area - it does get quite hot, and it all comes back out at me over the monitor)
Show us your (physical) desktop
Full-res version: http://img58.imageshack.us/img58/9910/img1835rl7.jpg

Interesting things/I Spy:

* White server PC - runs Sauerbraten/Halo/File server
* Touch screen phone
* My IBM computer that has yet to work
* Pokemon container (it holds my floppies!)
* Hot Wheels Mouse
* SD Extreme III 2.0GB flash card
* 5 mice (computer mice ;D)Find all 6 for a cookie!*

*Cookie not guaranteed to be intact/not eaten upon completion of task

mouser:
I have 2 nvidia graphics cards, each with 2 DVI connectors.  I think its one GT8600 and one GT8800, all four running at 1600x1200 (no SLI or other special connection).  The monitors are all Samsung 204b 21" monitors (two of them are experiencing noticeable problems with areas of dead/miscolored pixels but otherwise i'm quite happy with).

As for game playing, the last game i played for more than an hour was GTAIII and the next one i play will be GTAIV.  It's hard for me to play a game for more than a few minutes without me wanting to go make my own game (which i don't have time for), so i stop and get back to coding, which is more satisfying.

Carol Haynes:
Sorry but I didn't realise your life was so grim ...

Therapy needed - we have to get you out of that closet!  :-* :-* :-*

40hz:
Sorry but I didn't realise your life was so grim ...

Therapy needed - we have to get you out of that closet!  :-* :-* :-*
-Carol Haynes (July 09, 2008, 08:22 PM)
--- End quote ---

Here's a great idea. Sometimes the best therapy is to get busy! Check out the following for a "terrific" DIY home office project:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=xP3xiLKJ9_4

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version