ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Stand alone bookmarks toolbar

(1/4) > >>

app103:
How come most browsers do not allow you to have multiple bookmarks toolbars?

I would love to have a stand alone application that could allow me to point it at a folder of bookmarks and it would add the contents to a toolbar.

Some features it has to have:

* must be able to set folders on the toolbar, that when clicked will access a menu containing the links and subfolders of that folder. (not just links on the toolbar)

* must display the icon associated with those bookmarks, and/or allow you to set an icon for each item. If there is no icon available or selected, show the default folder icon or icon for default browser.

* allow the addition of multiple rows with more folders.

* links must open in default browser. (command line parameter to set a browser path other than default would be nice too, but not necessary)

* must be able to display new additions of both folders & bookmarks automatically if the contents should change while the program is running.

* must support drag & drop of items & folders for reorganizing, allow adding, editing, and deleting of items/folders

* must stay always on top

* must be resizable

* rows must be slim in size like in this image so it won't take up much screen space:

Basically what I am looking for is more bookmark toolbar rows compatible with existing folders of IE bookmarks. If it can handle the bookmark files of Firefox, Opera, and a few others too, that would be a nice bonus.

housetier:
This is quite an interesting idea. Not for me, but I can fully understand why people want this.

Also this STABOOM (stand alone bookmark master) could <marketing-buzz>integrate</marketing-buzz> with the likes of del.icio.us or beautiful ma.gnolia.com so you could not only synchronize between browsers but also between workstations.

And when we make sure to require a lot more features it will never get done  ;) So that idea is just an idea one might find interesting. :)

app103:
Also this STABOOM (stand alone bookmark master) could <marketing-buzz>integrate</marketing-buzz> with the likes of del.icio.us or beautiful ma.gnolia.com so you could not only synchronize between browsers but also between workstations.-housetier (September 16, 2006, 01:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

STABOOM...I like that name  :D

mouser:
it would be fun if we could gather some toolbar coders here at dc and then keep coming up with new toolbar ideas..

app103:
I still want this.  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version