topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 5:27 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Introducing myself...  (Read 4552 times)

FSL

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Introducing myself...
« on: September 12, 2006, 07:50 AM »
Dear DonationCoder members,
  this is my first post on this forum, let me to introducing myself:  :)

I'm a 41 years old freeware developer (not english language native... excuse me for my poor english :-[).
My preferred development languages are: Assembler, Delphi, C++, BASIC (visual) and Symbian OPL.
In the last year I have developed some freeware applications (free available on my site: http://fsl.sytes.net) and new ones are currently in progress.
I've also published a simple forum in order to collect bugs and to support the users of my freeware programs (http://fsl.sytes.net/forum).
The freeware development is an hobby, for me... my primary job is envolved into firmware and hardware development.
Other my hobbies: Alps mountain climbing and excursions.

Greetings from Italy.
FSL
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 08:38 AM by FSL »

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Introducing myself...
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2006, 08:44 AM »
(not english language native... excuse me for my poor english

Don't worry, as long as you speak binary   8)

I know this sounds rude and ungrateful - sorry.  But how do you see, say, Super Finder against Locate32 or WanyWord, and LinksBase against the built-in bookmarks feature of Firefox?

(so much software, so little time...)

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2006, 10:00 AM »
Welcome to donationcoder.com!  Looks like you've put together some solid software I'm looking forward to testing.  I'm really looking forward to giving linksbase a spin when it's available -- I've always been a fan of browser independent bookmarking, but haven't had an application I felt was suitable in a long time.

rjbull -- just a few advantages I see for linksbase --
* Browser independence (for those of us who, for one reason or other) switch among browsers frequently and don't want to import/export booksmarks back and forth constantly to synch among browsers
* Faster interface for the above benefits than the alternative solution--web based bookmarks
* Page previews

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2006, 10:27 AM »
Welcome to the site FSL  :Thmbsup:

rjbull

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2006, 03:57 AM »
rjbull -- just a few advantages I see for linksbase --
* Browser independence (for those of us who, for one reason or other) switch among browsers frequently and don't want to import/export booksmarks back and forth constantly to synch among browsers

I see it can merge the bookmark files from different sources, which can be useful.  Sometimes I'd want to keep them separate, and be able to move them from file to file; I suppose that means something like BookmarkBuddy combined with a links stash.  Also I'd want to be able to open links in a chosen browser rather than the local Windows default one, preferably by a hotkey or simple menu.

I'm never quite sure of the best way to store links.  Quite a lot of moderately interesting stuff that I don't use frequently I keep in notekeepers, mostly MemPad or JBLab Secure Notes.  Neither are perfect, but have useful features of their own (e.g. both can be enrypted), and both can be portable.  Lately you seem particularly keen on portability: care to start a new thread on it?