topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:20 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Jatalla, Human Powered Alternative Search Engine  (Read 3490 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Jatalla, Human Powered Alternative Search Engine
« on: September 12, 2006, 11:24 PM »
Jatalla: Interesting concept.

Why is Jatalla so different from other search engines?

Conventional search engines rely upon computers to rank the relevance of web pages to search terms. Several different ranking methodologies are used: counting the number of links to a given web page or counting the number of occurrences of a particular term in a page, for example.

By contrast, Jatalla relies only upon relevance rankings performed personally by actual human beings. You and people like you are literally the ranking mechanism used by Jatalla.

When you perform a search on Jatalla.com, you are interviewing the entire world of Web users, and only those opinions matching your query — character-for-character — are counted in generating search results.

If you believe (as do we!) that humans are still smarter than computers, you have come to the right place.

from http://battellemedia.com/

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Jatalla, Human Powered Alternative Search Engine
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 12:38 AM »
* housetier riggs the search results

;)

I wonder how it'll work out; will have to use it a couple of time to see how it feels. I am always willing to try something new because it is different - also I am always willing to reject something because it is different.