ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: One or two click screenshot emailer

(1/3) > >>

Tekzel:
This may be a little bigger than a snack, but it is something I have been thinking would be cool and havent found on the internet at large.  I am always fielding support calls from friends and family members where they tell me they saw this thing, or got this vaguely described message box.  Would be super cool if I could send them a tiny program to install, that ideally has my email address preconfigured or other wise on first run it would ask for the destination email address, and then it would sit in the tray.  They could hit a hotkey to send the desktop or active screen to me, or even use the icon in the tray. Maybe it would hook the system menu and they could select "Email Screenshot" from the little box at the top left corner of the window.  Just throwing out some ideas here.  It would either include a little built in SMTP server, or use the MAPI configured client, or even ask the person what outgoing mail server to use (on first run), then when a shot is to be mailed, it would grab the screen, convert to say PNG, then zip it and email it automatically to the configured email address (me).  So in practice the person would only have to hit a hotkey and it would shoot the screen off to me, maybe a single dialog box asking permission to prevent accidental shots sent.  Also, perhaps a governer that will allow it to only send out say 2 screenshots per minute or something, to prevent someone playing an unfunny joke.  Would be nice if some of these options were configurable before sending to the recipient.

mouser:
i think this probably exists in some form, and i think it's a very good idea.

even though screenshot captor is a bit of overkill for this request, i do plan on adding something like this to screenshot captor to make it much easier to do repeat emails of screenshots to people.

when i do add this, you've convinced me i should think of making a standalone tray based tool to do exactly what you say, allowing for someone to pre-configure their email address for a mini little program that does what you say.

looking forward to hearing what other programs exist for this, i know there are some.

kimmchii:
gadwin has this option to send via email.

Carol Haynes:
SnagIt has this facility. You can set up a profile with preconfigured settings for outputting to an email address as well as the kind of input etc. required. You can even send someone the profile to load into SnagIt.

mouser:
You can even send someone the profile to load into SnagIt
--- End quote ---
clever.

like i said i will be adding email destination stuff to sc, but i still think there is an advantage to a small lightweight util you could send someone preconfigured with your email which was totally mistakeproof.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version