ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Data recovery software suggestions?

<< < (2/11) > >>

Darwin:
I've used Restorer 2000 too and really like it. However, I've switched to Recover My Files  because I like its intuitive layout AND the fact that it allows you to, amongst other things, preview the recovered files. This extends beyond images and includes xls, doc, pdf, etc. It also works on digital media such as digital camera cards to recover photos (indeed, that is what drove me to buy it, despite owning a license for Restorer 2000). I know that Restorer 2000 has been recently updated and I *think* that this functionality has been added, but I am not sure.

Another good app, despite the cheesy marketing, is Filesaver. In its current incarnation it allows you to preview image files and has the attractive feature of allowing you to secure delete the results that it finds. The price is cheap, too. I got my (older - no previews) copy for $8.95. The marketing about the price being "today only" is hogwash.

RecoverMyFiles has a lifetime license, no on-line activation and is actively developed. Filesaver has no update option (that I could ever find) and no upgrade pricing, but at the full purchase price this is hardly a dealbreaker.

f0dder:
runtime's GetDataBack for NTFS has saved me a couple of times.

Black Mamba:
One more vote for GetDataBack.  :up:

KenR:
Another vote for Recover My Files.

Ken.

http://www.recovermyfiles.com/

sri:
+1 for Recover My Files.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page