topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:12 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Congrats to vrgrrl - Named One of Game Industry's 100 Most Influential Women  (Read 7331 times)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Congrats to our very own vrgrrl (Michelle Hinn), for being named today as one of the Game Industry's 100 Most Infuential Women by Next Generation.  Well done !

mycaps Screenshot - 001 , 12_57_PM , Sep 12 2006_thumb.png

View: Main Article , Michelle's Entry

ps.
If you take a clost look at her title in that article you will get a clue as to some of the stuff we have in the works here at DonationCoder.com :)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 01:36 PM by mouser »

housetier

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
heh thats great news for donationcoder.com! :) Too bad they don't link back here; but at least they mention the domain...

big ups vrgrrl!  :Thmbsup:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 11:02 PM by housetier »

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
That's really cool!  Better finish up a game, guys, or people will wonder where this game division is :P

Way to go vrgrrl!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Gothic is working actively on Games Division stuff, but it's going to be a while before it goes live - it's a very big project at the heart of it.  It's definitely something special but don't expect anything until well into 2007.

allen

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
I wasn't really trying to rush anybody, just poking fun at the game division reference. I didn't know there was such a division, but am glad to know of its existence!

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Better finish up a game, guys, or people will wonder where this game division is :P

You can have fun with Forever Flash while you wait.  ;D

vrgrrl...congrats!

Gothi[c]

• DC Server Admin
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • linkerror
    • Donate to Member
I wasn't really trying to rush anybody, just poking fun at the game division reference. I didn't know there was such a division, but am glad to know of its existence!

That's because it's top-secret. :P sshh! :)

Like mouser said, it's a really big project and it will take allot of time to complete.

and...
Congrats, vrgrrl! :)

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
A really big project, huh? Big like The Elder Scrolls II (playing time)? Or big like The Elder Scrolls IV (graphics :o)?
Well, time will tell.

Gothi[c]

• DC Server Admin
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • linkerror
    • Donate to Member
A really big project, huh? Big like The Elder Scrolls II (playing time)? Or big like The Elder Scrolls IV (graphics :o)?
Well, time will tell.

Big like spore ;)

Well... kinda.

vrgrrl

• Columnist
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
rofl...spore. then we have 6 more years to complete it because that's how long i've been hearing about it. hehe. so, yeah, check out forever flash in the meantime. ;)

thanks for the congrats, everyone! i opened my email that morning and was like WTF???? pretty cool!

Gothi[c]

• DC Server Admin
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • linkerror
    • Donate to Member
:laughs:
Yes, that's for sure, what I ment with it that we won't be developing much storyline/content or graphics, but rather `new` technology. Or a new concept rather. And I probably should shut up now :)

The video's I've seen of spore don't have much new to offer in the graphics department, nor does it have any fantastic elaborate storyline, but it's more like a new type of game. (Or more like a combination of different types of games, in the case of spore). Hence my comparison.

- That, and I'm a programmer, I get over-ambitious :P That's my excuse and I stick to it! :D

:runs and hides under a rock:

Lashiec

• Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Ah! OK! A new concept. That's always a good thing, more in these days, when most games seem similar and Electronic Arts gets richer and richer by releasing "new" games which should be sold as expansions and not as new games (Think FIFA...). Would it be something groundbreaking like Warren Spector's work? :)